Allen & York are delighted to be representing ZSL (The Zoological Society of London) as they seek to add a key individual to their Sustainable Finance Department.
WHO THIS POSITION MAY INTEREST
This position may interest those with a background in finance and an interest in/experience of working with ESG and sustainable finance OR those with a background in conservation project management keen to develop their skills in overseeing the development, coordination and structure of ZSL's global conservation programmes by managing, coordinating and collaborating with the financial structures underpinning their efforts.
WHY THIS ROLE MATTERS
As ZSL nears its bicentenary the global need for leadership in conserving, protecting and informing the world on conservation issues has never been greater. ZSL with nearly 200 years of experience is highly respected throughout the science community and today uses its position to bring together science, business, finance and education to deliver key projects in over 50 countries protecting crucial and endangered habitats and the nature they support.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Based in the UK a significant amount of time may be spent home working with occasional travel to ZSL's central London HQ and further opportunity to travel internationally as part of your role collaborating with stakeholders.
As part of a wider team of professionals across science, education and conservation you will form an important part of a caring and collaborative team working for one of the world's most prestigious conservation charities.
- Oversee and periodically update the ZSL Sustainable Finance strategy.
- Oversee finance sector mapping to identify key actors to be targeted as part of the strategy.
- Work across the Society to identify research needs and priorities on conservation finance.
- Explore new opportunities in conservation finance and lead the development of proposals - with an initial priority focus on UK marine and freshwater opportunities, mangroves and blue carbon.
- Work closely with an external consultancy focussed on conservation finance project design to develop opportunities where finance can unlock significant environmental and social impact.
- Provide leadership internally and externally on conservation finance and enterprise opportunities and support engagement with finance sector actors across the society.
- Represent ZSL at key finance sector events and relevant industry initiatives.
- Participate in press interviews, give presentations and contribute towards ZSL publications.
- Support project fundraising - with a focus on financial institutions - to ensure continued and new funding sources for the department and wider ZSL programmes.
- Support business development for consultancy services to the finance sector.
Management & Technical Support
- Ensure effective management of relevant parts of existing grants, ensuring that all programmatic and financial reporting targets are met.
- Ensure effective budget management and delivery of activities.
- Provide technical support or lead on project and consultancy work related to sustainable finance, including training, ESG assessments, report writing, chairing meetings etc.
- Research and produce high quality technical outputs in the field of sustainable finance.
- Act as Key Account Manager for high impact clients and donors.
- Manage staff, consultants and external service contractors.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Maintain a robust and effective Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system for finance sector engagement.
- Critically evaluate M&E results to inform changes to the Sustainable Finance strategy.
Candidates are not expected to have all of the key skills and experience inherent within the role but will show a relevance to the position through previous experience in either ESG finance or conservation project management with a strong desire to expand their experience across the nexus which is ESG Sustainable Finance in a conservation project setting.
Apply if this role excites you to build on what you have achieved and to develop your career in ESG Finance.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion or click the apply button above to make your application.
Allen & York - providing sustainable recruitment solutions since 1993.