Water Quality Consultant £28k-£36k plus company car or car allowance
Homebased-Southern England ideally within 3hrs commute of Wokingham. (inc Midlands, EAnglia, SWest, SEast, SWales)
Our client helps both public and private sector businesses understand and manage their environmental risks, reducing the impact to the environment, their operation and their reputation. Our client focuses on consulting, preventing and responding to environmental risks. The purpose of the role is to is to lead and help deliver the Aquatic Ecology service to existing and new projects whilst providing guidance to more junior members of staff.
- Responsible for liaising with clients to deliver water quality sampling and field data gathering as per client contract agreements.
- Responsible for delivering routine and ad hoc water quality sampling and field data gathering for clients.
- Report field data and laboratory analysis data to clients.
- The postholder will assist in co-ordinating response to water pollution incidents across Thames Valley and Greater London area and attend water pollution incidents should the need arise.
- Support graduate field technicians through technical water quality advice.
- Assist the wider Water & Ecology division through actions such as, but not limited to, aquatic macroinvertebrate and fisheries surveys.
- The postholder will assist in training and development of graduate technicians.
- Ensure the quality of technical report writing of graduate technicians.
Skills and Experience we're looking for:
- Educated to degree level in a Biological or Environmental Sciences discipline.
- At least 2 years' experience working in an environmental consultancy
- Comprehensive understanding of water chemistry and the indicative parameters.
- A full clean UK driving licence.
- A willingness to travel throughout the UK and Ireland, to work away and to work long days when required.
- Experience in aquatic macroinvertebrate and/or fisheries surveys.
- Motivated, friendly and confident interacting with clients.
- Experience in management of a field team is desirable.
- Understanding of the role of regulators such as the Environment Agency
- An understanding of the role of laboratory analysis in environmental monitoring.
Why this role?
Our client is an indispensable consultancy, a trusted source of valuable information and strategic partner for hundreds of SMEs and larger organisations. Every offer aligns with their five core values - Service, Safety, Working Together, Wellbeing and Expertise.
They are fully ISO compliant, they also have excellent working relationships with the Environment Agency, Marine and Coastguard Agency, Defra, SEPA, the other regulatory and inspection bodies, government agencies and insurers - all of whom have accredited them in every relevant discipline and employ their services.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Billy at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.
About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.