Aquatic Ecologist £24k plus company car or car allowance
Homebased with offices in Wokingham, Droitwich and Bury St Edmunds
Our client help both public and private sector businesses understand and manage their environmental risks, reducing the impact to the environment, their operation and their reputation. The purpose of the role is to provide aquatic ecological consultancy to existing and new projects and provision of ecological services to the Group. Providing consultancy expertise for all disciplines of freshwater ecology and carrying out sampling, identification and interpretation of macroinvertebrates in freshwater habitats.
- To undertake ecological site assessments of aquatic fauna and flora and complete associated report writing.
- To be reactive and respond to environmental incidents, complete the fieldwork necessary to enable a professional ecological impact assessment to be completed with report writing.
- Provide advice to the wider Group and clients on potential ecological impacts on emergency and/or planned works.
- Authoring and reviewing input to reports, devising monitoring strategies and working within multi-disciplinary teams to provide specialist input.
- Mentoring staff, supporting their written, analytical and field skills and developing their identification techniques in all freshwater disciplines
- Assist business development, marketing, quotations and tender writing.
- To support the wider Water & Ecology team with general project delivery
Skills and Experience we're looking for:
- 2 - 3 years of experience in the ecological consultancy, with a particular emphasis on the aquatic environment.
- An understanding and experience of the industry standard monitoring techniques and analyses for macroinvertebrates (RICT 2, BMWP, ASPT, WHPT).
- Membership of an environmental professional body.
- Knowledge of legislation relating to the aquatic environment and its implementation, particularly the Water Framework Directive.
- Willingness to learn new skills and to be flexible in terms of travelling and working hours as projects can be distributed across the UK.
- Qualified to degree level in an environmental subject and have substantive experience in an aquatic ecology role.
- A full UK driving licence.
Why this role?
Our client is an indispensable consultancy, a trusted source of valuable information and strategic partner for hundreds of SMEs and larger organisations. Every offer aligns with their five core values - Service, Safety, Working Together, Wellbeing and Expertise.
They are fully ISO compliant, they also have excellent working relationships with the Environment Agency, Marine and Coastguard Agency, Defra, SEPA, the other regulatory and inspection bodies, government agencies and insurers - all of whom have accredited them in every relevant discipline and employ their services.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Billy at email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.
About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.