Biodiversity Net Gain Ecologist £30k
Camden, London (Hybrid)
Our client established the company in response to the Environment Bill receiving Royal Assent in November 2021. As an Act of Parliament, it requires that all new developments in England must provide a minimum 10% net gain in biodiversity. It is anticipated that the Act and the requirement to increase biodiversity will come into effect in the autumn of 2023.
They are seeking a skilled, motivated and enthusiastic Ecologist to join its growing team and support the development of its Biodiversity Net Gain (BNG) delivery business.
The position will be varied and duties include:
- Undertaking Biodiversity Net Gain Assessments and Metric Calculations
- Collecting, interpreting, and analysing habitat survey data
- Assessing land opportunities on their viability for nature recovery
- Undertaking desk-based environment assessments
- Meeting and collaborating with landowners.
- Input to Habitat Creation, Enhancement Proposals and Habitat Management Plans
- Working with contractors to manage the delivery of habitat creation on the ground.
- Ecology / Nature Conservation experience - either from consultancy, regulators, NGOs or local authorities
- A passion for the environment
- An good understanding of Biodiversity Net Gain (BNG) and the workings of Biodiversity Metric
- Ability to carry out habitat surveys (UKHab standard preferred)
- Ideally a level of habitat management and restoration experience
- Full driving license
Why this role?
Our client is a start up working with Biodiversity Net Gain Credits, this is an exciting time to join their growing team and support the development of its Biodiversity Net Gain (BNG) delivery business within this emerging sector within Ecology.
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all.
Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
Let's help build a better world, together. "
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Billy at: Bwright@allen-york.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.