Allen & York are recruiting for an innovative start up tackling the multibillion pound global problem of insect pests, their approach will further help alleviate the damage caused by non-targeted pesticides and other interventions.
This is a rare opportunity within a vibrant environment that offers the chance to develop your skills in the short and longer term as the business accelerates is market position.
The role will require hands-on involvement in the following areas:
• Designing and executing experiments to assess factors such as lures, colour, materials and shape to optimally attract target species
• Rearing and husbandry of insect populations
• Building of test jigs to aid experiments, test out trap features and assist with husbandry
This role is highly practical and will involve working with other colleagues on the mechanical engineering and entomology side to develop the range of products.
We are looking for someone with some of the following skills:
• Excellent experimental design and execution
• Basic workshop skills
• Basic understanding of materials
• Creative problem solving
• Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical people
In addition, it would be benecial (but not essential) if you have specic experience in any of:
• Mass rearing of insects
• Any specialist workshop or materials skills
• Chemical ecology (and the associated analytical techniques)
• Trap design
• Analytical and programming (e.g. Python) skills
We understand you may not have all the skills listed above and we will judge each application on its merits. This is a full time position and will require work on site and at other locations, for those not living in the region relocation would be required.
For more information or to express an interest please contact Lester Lockyer by email: email@example.com