This is a chance to join is a dynamic team with a range of specialisms including marine biologists, chemists, acousticians, environmental managers and engineers. Due to continued and sustained growth, they have a vacancy for an experienced Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) consultant to work as part of their London Team. You will work in the areas of best available technology (BAT) reviews, chemical fate and emissions modelling, Oil Spill Contingency Planning and impact assessment of discharges / releases. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a high degree of numeracy as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
The role will involve working in the environmental engineering team on the delivery and management of a variety of projects based on computer simulations and / or data analysis and presentation. As such the role is at the interface between a number of engineering and environmental disciplines and will require the successful candidate to translate engineering data via computer simulations and GIS into forms that support the assessment of environmental impact of projects by the wider environmental team. You will be expected to be able to both write clear and concise reports in English that are accessible to non-specialists as well as review and provide quality assurance of work conducted by others in the team. The role requires a proactive and motivated candidate with excellent communication skills both confident liaising with and managing internal and external clients.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate at least two of the following:
- Familiarity with more advanced functions and use of MS Excel or MATLAB
- knowledge of simple programming (for example in VB, VBA, Python, or R) to automate simple tasks/analyses;
- Experience of a GIS software package (e.g. ArcGIS, QGIS);
- Enthusiasm for developing skills and experience in the above areas;
- Demonstrable aptitude for creative problem solving; and
- An interest in the use of computer simulations to support decision making.
In addition, an interest in and knowledge of one or more of the following areas would be an advantage:
- Marine environmental science;
- Chemical fate and effects in the environment;
- Atmospheric science;
- Marine energy sector; and
- Environmental impact assessment.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org