Marine Geotechnical Engineer £35k-£55k DOE
Homebased-Liphook, Cardiff and Dundee offices
Are you looking for your next challenge in environmental consultancy, where you will be encouraged to reach your highest potential?
Our client has over 30 years working that the forefront of the Marine sector, with household names as well as the emerging sector clients in areas such as offshore wind and marine tidal, (floating and fixed) marine cables, coastal processes, ports and harbours, Oil and Gas and Energy Transition and all aspects of consenting (EIA, SEA, HRA, etc).
They are looking for a Marine Geotechnical Engineer with 3 years Marine experience and a relevant educational background.
- Review geotechnical investigations results, including seabed mapping, soil sampling, and testing, using various methods and techniques.
- Interpret soil data and provide recommendations for cable trenching and offshore construction.
- Conduct geohazard assessments and develop risk management plans for offshore structures.
- Prepare technical reports and deliver presentations to clients.
- Provide technical expertise and support to other members of the team.
You will have skills, knowledge and experience in;
- Bachelor's or master's degree in civil or Geotechnical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in marine geotechnical engineering
- Knowledge of geohazard assessments and risk management plans for offshore construction
- Experience within the geotechnical survey industry or experience in design and installation of subsea infrastructure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing.
- Familiarity with Health, Safety and Environmental requirements for offshore projects
- Adaptable and flexible approach to varied and multiple project requirements
Additional skills that would be an advantage;
- Offshore Renewable Energy, Pipeline or Cable project experience
- Technical understanding in one or more of the following: marine survey techniques, design and installation of offshore infrastructure, subsea technology
- Experience in large-scale data processing, interpretation and visualization
- Technical proficiency in GIS, CAD and industry standard processing and software packages
- Industry recognized health & safety management qualification e.g., IOSH/NEBOSH
- Marine survival and offshore medical certification
- Fluency in a second language
Why this role?
Our client is small enough to be responsive and flexible to our employees and clients while being large enough for the commercial backing for big projects. With continued recent project success across renewables, marine cables and oil and gas, our client is seeking to expand their Marine Geotech team.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Billy at: email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.
About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.