The Company - Allen & York are a leading and long-established Search & Recruitment consultancy. We are also a purposeful organisation with a passion for Sustainability, ESG, Renewables & CleanTech.
We are proud to have worked with both national and international organisations for over 30 years helping them secure the very best talent. As you might imagine our accumulated experience and networks are now quite considerable.
We have a particular focus on the emerging technologies that are driving the transition to a cleaner and more sustainable energy system. Our clients in this diverse sector include some of the most innovative and dynamic companies across the industry as well as long established energy and technology providers.
We are seeking an experienced Recruitment Consultant who is looking to grow a team and lead people . You will be joining a friendly and professional team to support our clients on projects from across EV and battery storage, wind, solar and tidal and clean energy consultancy.
We are proud to be supporting many of our client's in their drive to reach net zero.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with existing clients and candidates globally as well attracting new clients.
- Developing a deep understanding of our clients' needs and requirements, and identifying the most suitable candidates for both current and future roles
- Pitching the most appropriate value add service solution, negotiating terms and managing the full client relationship lifecycle.
- Building and maintaining a strong network of senior and Exec level candidates with expertise in EV, renewable energy and net zero
- Managing the candidate engagement process, from initial screening to offer negotiation and acceptance
- Providing a high level of customer service to both clients and candidates, ensuring all parties are kept informed throughout the process
- Staying up to date with the latest developments in the energy sector, and using this knowledge to advise clients and candidates on market trends and best practices
- We offer extensive ongoing training and support, so this role comes with excellent career progression and prospects without limits. Many of our existing Directors have followed this pathway.
We believe that if you are well organised, motivated and positive you are more likely to succeed. If you enjoy networking and engaging with people via multiple communication channels you are even more likely to enjoy this role.
Leadership experience and potential will be qualities we will be looking for and value for this senior position.
Preferred backgrounds of candidates we are looking for are:
- At least 2 years of experience in recruitment, preferably in a similar sector: Renewables, Built Environment, Sustainability, Environmental, Engineering or Construction
- A proven track record of demonstrating resilience
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills, with the ability to engage effectively with clients and candidates at all levels
- A passion for the energy sector, a keen interest in emerging technologies and the transition to a more sustainable energy system
- A track record of success in managing the full recruitment lifecycle, from sourcing and screening candidates to negotiating offers and closing deals
- A proactive, results-oriented approach, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field
What we offer:
- A Great Culture - we are friendly, caring and professional. We value our people above all else.
- Career progression and rapid merit based promotion
- Competitive Salary with uncapped commission
- Hybrid flexible working
- Training & mentoring
About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.