Senior Environmental Planner
Austin, Houston, Irving, Oklahoma City or Tulsa
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our clients experts lead their fields and guide their work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. They draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. They're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to the clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
The position will be varied and duties include:
- Execute multiple projects in a technical capacity on multiple projects, which may include transportation, such as bridge rehabilitation/replacements, roadway improvements, managed lanes projects, safety improvements, and transit; water/wastewater; and communications projects.
- Lead in project environmental constraints identification and impact analyses, preparing NEPA technical Reports such as community impact assessments.
- Manage the delivery of task orders under TxDOT or ODOT on-call contracts, other federally funded projects such as HUD, city and county agency infrastructure projects through local governments, demonstrating strong working knowledge of NEPA environmental review processes.
- Author and manage projects in coordination with multi-disciplinary teams consisting of internal technical staff, as well as subcontractors, in all phases of the execution and delivery of environmental compliance and permitting requirements for a wide range of infrastructure projects.
- 5+ years of experience performing environmental planning and permitting work for Texas and Oklahoma transportation clients.
- Excellent research, analysis and reporting abilities.
- Focused on detail-orientation skills and capable of managing large data sets.
- Self-starting, team-oriented professional with excellent written and communication skills that can manage multi-disciplinary teams comprised of internal staff and subcontractors.
- Proficiency with review and analysis of socioeconomic data, maps, and drawings.
- Experience with permitting and NEPA.
- Position requires demonstrated skill in project and budget management, and commitment to QA/QC practices.
Why this role?
This position works in both field and office settings. Project field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather, remote locations, summer heat, rough terrain; as well as bending, stooping, carrying field equipment, standing, and walking for extended periods of time. Office work entails extensive computer work and proficiency with MS Office programs.
Our client believes they are a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all.
Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
Let's help build a better world, together. "
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Billy at: Bwright@allen-york.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.