Senior/Principal Ornithologist £35k-£60k
Are you an experienced Ornithologist with experience working onshore Renewable projects?
Our client is looking to add a Senior/Principal Ornithologist into their Ecology and Ornithology team to successfully deliver environmentally beneficial projects. They work with some of the most successful renewable developers in the UK as well as statutory bodies such as the Crown Estate.
The overall purpose of your role will be to collaborate with our team to successfully deliver projects that have important environmental benefits - such as renewables, natural capital, and grid projects. This will include:
- Responsibility for project management, coordination and delivery of onshore ornithology projects.
- Preparation and review of ornithology EIA chapters, Habitats Regulations Appraisals, and technical reports.
- Input into habitat management plans and biodiversity net gain opportunities.
- Preparing and coordinating tender submissions.
- Planning and managing the delivery of various types of ornithology surveys.
- Supporting the wider team (ecology and offshore ornithology) if necessary.
- Consultation with stakeholders such as NatureScot and RSPB.
Skills and Experience we're looking for:
- Good experience and understanding of the environmental planning system in relation to the production of ornithological impact assessments.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of the European Birds and Habitats Directives and methods for assessments with regards to European Designated sites.
- Strong ornithology field survey experience.
- Comprehensive experience of project management and managing a diverse workload.
- The ability to produce and review high quality reports and deliver them to clients on time and to budget.
Why this role?
Our Client is currently taking the next steps in their growth by appointing a senior management team of Technical Directors so it's an exciting time to be joining their respected and talented team within the green energy sector, which has an important role to play in combating the climate emergency and biodiversity crisis.
They offer a small, friendly, family-owned environmental consultancy alternative. Their team consists of 36 talented folks. They are small enough to know everyone's names, and to hear everyone's ideas but big enough to work on meaningful projects, with some of the best clients in the renewables, grid and environmental sector. They have a strong presence in the renewables sector, both with onshore and offshore wind - and hold an estimated 20% of the market share of projects.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Billy at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.
About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.