All Levels / Flexible
Are you a social performance specialist, with experience working on challenging international projects, looking for a great new role?
We're looking for Social Consultants at all levels, to work in multidisciplinary teams to support lenders and clients in the oil and gas, renewable energy, manufacturing and mining sectors, and across project life cycles, from feasibility to decommissioning. If this sounds like you, read on!
- Work with national partners to deliver community and stakeholder engagement and baseline data collection across a range of locations
- Manage or contribute to ESHIAs, resettlement action plans, stakeholder engagement plans, social management plans and ESDD reports
- Financial and technical management of projects and tenders
- Client and project team liaison
- Business development, including client relationships, contribution to papers and conferences and thought leadership articles to promote the business
- Technical development and growth of the social team and mentoring of team members
Applicants are particularly sought from specialists in areas such as human rights and gender, those with Arabic, French or Spanish language skills, as well as those with experience in the Middle East, Africa and across Europe.
We are flexible on location, both within the UK and internationally, and happy to consider homeworking for this role.
You must have;
- A very good knowledge of social and sustainability issues including the current methods, legislation, techniques and guidance.
- Thorough understanding of social standards of international financing institutions
- First degree in relevant discipline (social studies, anthropology, environmental policy)
- Excellent English Skills, both written and verbal.
- Additional languages, especially French or Spanish, an advantage.
- Experience in the energy sector, including oil and gas and renewables, an advantage.
Why this role?
Our client is a global multidisciplinary team who apply their skills to projects in Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and Papua New Guinea. They have substantial experience working on offshore wind farms, solar power plants, pipelines, and oil drilling sites. They are growing fast thanks to their diverse operations, entrepreneurial spirit, and open management style. Our client offers the opportunity to connect to a growing community of experts and specialists who regularly collaborate to deliver projects and support each other across business units.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Tom at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.