Principal Planning Consultant
£competitive salary/ Hybrid working/ Stirling, Inverness or fully home working possible for the right candidate.
We are looking for an expert in Scottish Planning and EIA regimes, to be the lead advisor for a growing team with an expanding client and project portfolio, to support a variety of diverse large projects in Wind, Solar, Hydro, Energy Storage and Hydrogen. If this sounds like you, read on!
- Develop client relationships to ensure that there is a clear understanding of the market need, refining offers to meet this need and winning work.
- Undertake Principal Consultant elements of consultancy services and project delivery, including formulating planning strategies, resolving planning risks, technical report drafting, overseeing ES preparation and quality control.
- Prepare and submit planning appeals, including representing clients at appeal and other hearings
- Write and edit fee proposals and reports to a high professional standard, including writing technical elements of proposals, and formulating fees with input from the Head of Team.
- Formulate and submit responses on behalf of the company on policy and planning consultations, marketing and media pieces for renewable energy and land use planning.
Skills, experience & qualifications
- Significant EIA project leadership experience on renewable energy (expected to be mostly onshore wind) projects for the Scottish planning system.
- Experience of growing a planning/EIA (or similar) business.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of the other UK planning systems (England or Wales).
- Education or training in EIA to a detailed level of understanding, preferably with a formal EIA qualification
Why this role?
The client we are working with is committed to offering plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth, enabling exceptional staff to progress very quickly. With a competitive salary, this is a great role to achieve your personal goals and work on a hybrid basis surrounded by the beauty of a National Park, in a business where you can become a shareholder and then a Director.
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Thomas at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.