Project Developer £Competitve
Dundee, Scotland- Hybrid
Our client is a German Manufacturer with over $1 billion turnover, they are currently working towards matching their energy consumption with the production of renewable energy by 2030. They aim to reach this goal by the construction, ownership and operation of renewable projects in the UK with a focus on onshore wind, Hydro and solar power technologies.
- Add value and reduce costs (DEVEX, CAPEX and OPEX) for projects ensuring project viability on a subsidy free basis through efficient working, careful scoping, procurement and innovative engineering and design opportunities, recorded and managed through the Financial Model.
- Manage all risks on projects using appropriate tools and contracts.
- Responsible for project budget to point of consent: includes management of internal and external
- hours and costs.
- Responsible for management of external consultants and internal technical or engineering support in relation to the project design, ES production, or condition discharge bundles.
- Responsible for management of Option and Lease Agreements - ensuring sites are secured on viable terms.
- Coordination of engineering design, technical studies and grid requirements
- Responsible for planning submission and driving towards a consent.
Skills and Experience we're looking for:
- Knowledge of the drivers for a successful wind farm development and understanding of the common risks.
- Knowledge of the planning systems and planning policy relating to renewable energy and the appeals and public inquiry legal process.
- Knowledge of Environmental Impact regulations.
- Knowledge of how Project Economics works
- Excellent project management skills
- Managing and co-ordinating inputs from external consultants and project team members. Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office, GIS Applications, Yield Analysis, etc)
- 3 to 5 years direct experience
- Successfully managing projects within resource and budget constraints.
- Production of Planning Applications, Environmental Statements and planning condition discharge bundles Experience of the appeals process including Public Inquires.
Why this role?
Our clients parent company are a $1billion manufacturing business striving to make a difference to the environment and increase their sustainability by the introduction of their renewable energy department. This role comes with an excellent package and is a first-class opportunity for the right individual to flourish in an autonomous environment.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Billy at email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993
About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.