Senior Nuclear Safety Case Engineer £50k-£65k
Bristol or Glasgow
Our Client deliver innovative engineering solutions to their clients to make lives safe, secure, sustainable and affordable. An industry that they are passionate about is the civil nuclear power industry to help drive the UK's ambitions to Net Zero 2050. It is an exciting time to work in the industry, with concurrent innovation, new build, power generation, life extension, defuelling and decommissioning projects all requiring support. This has led to a high demand for their nuclear safety expertise and means they are seeking an experienced nuclear safety case engineer who can fit seamlessly into the organisation and manage work to help them meet this demand.
- You will deliver solutions to the technical challenges faced at nuclear power stations.
- Produce high quality work to ensure nuclear safety demands are met to time, quality and safety.
- Develop and own the relationships with key staff at nuclear client organisations.
- Help define their needs for our support using your commercial experience and technical expertise.
- Prepare commercial solutions and proposals to deliver technical support.
- Provide strategic input to shape the direction of the group and wider business.
Skills and Experience we're looking for:
- Engineering or STEM degree, HND or an equivalent qualification with practical experience
- Demonstrable understanding of safety assessment, justification and management methods as applied in the context of the UK nuclear industry.
- Experience of authoring, verifying and managing safety case submissions to a variety of problems within the UK nuclear industry
- Ability to operate alone or as part of a team and a willingness to coach and mentor other engineers to support the development of the team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and organisational skills
Why this role?
The client we are working with is committed to offering plenty of opportunities for targeted professional development. And you will often be expected to take a lead on the technical and commercial aspects of projects, ensuring delivery to time and budget, as well as a high standard to exceed client expectations. The development of new business, services, and enhanced offerings to clients, will also form part of the role. With a competitive salary and benefits package, this is a great role to achieve your personal goals and work flexibly.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Billy at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993
About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.