Senior Ecologist / Principal Ecologist
£38,000 - £53,000, Oxfordshire
Our client, a specialist ecological consultancy, situated in North Oxfordshire is expanding due to their ongoing success. Having grown substantially over the past few years, and with a team of 50, there are excellent opportunities for talented senior ecologists / principal ecologists to join this industry leading biodiversity team, and to work on an exciting range of challenging and interesting projects.
Why this role?
Dynamic, fast-paced and rapidly evolving, you'll want to stay ahead of competition by operating at the leading edge of emerging fields. With a friendly team, operating out of one location, their culture is success-driven yet with a light-hearted atmosphere, sometimes missing from larger consultancies. Here, the team is made up of hand-picked individuals, with the focus not on financial targets, but the values of the business and meeting the expectations of clients. You'll get the opportunity to diversify your career, touching all areas of ecology, and not be pigeonholed into one specialism. If you're looking for career progression aligned with work/life balance this could be the role for you.
- Be organising, overseeing and undertaking a range of field survey work for habitats and faunal species (e.g., Phase 1, bats, badger, GCN, reptiles, otter, water vole, nesting birds, etc) across the UK.
- Carry out background research, prepare fee proposals, manage, and analyse field survey data, manage projects and liaise with clients.
- Be carrying out interpretation, proofing and writing of technical reports such as diligence assessments, ecological appraisals, EIA chapters, shadow HRAs, licence applications and management plans.
We would like to talk to you if you have:
- A minimum of 3 - 4 years' relevant professional experience in ecological consultancy or closely related field including the public sector or conservation bodies.
- A relevant degree and/or post graduate qualification, with a strong academic ability and record.
- The ability to produce concise, high quality, written reports.
- A sound background in natural history and familiarity with UK flora and fauna.
- Comprehensive experience with UK botanical and faunal identification.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Billy at: email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.