Environmental and Mining Legal Consultant
London, UK (Hybrid Working)
Do you dream of making a difference?
If yes and you believe you could make a difference in the role of an Environmental and Mining Legal Consultant, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Our client is passionate about what they do and are extremely fortunate to be able to make a difference in the lives of their colleagues, their clients, the communities they work in and the environment.
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for providing environmental and mining legal advice to their clients internationally, who are working on large integrated projects.
In this role you will
- Provide strategic environmental legal advice and project management services on large multidisciplinary projects.
- Carry out Environmental Audits and compile findings and recommendations.
- Oversee and carry out environmental and mining legal risk assessments.
- Develop risk, and liability management strategies with clients.
- Complete environmental legal compliance assessments and registers.
- Carry out environmental legal due diligence investigations in commercial transactions.
- Draft Contaminated land sale, remediation, and other liability transfer agreements.
- Provide sound legal advice in respect of environmental and mining legislation.
- Legal advice and process coordination during applications for environmental and mining permits, authorisations, and licences.
- Assist and contribute to the administrative representations and appeals.
- Participate in and assist with environmental and mining litigation.
- Complete environmental and mining legal audits and provide advice and assistance with regards to the findings of the audit.
- LLB or equivalent legal degree.
- Qualification in Environmental Management advantageous.
- Project Management Certificate would be beneficial.
- Five to eight years relevant experience in Environmental and Mining Law.
- Consulting experience is required.
- Experience in advising clients in terms of Health and Safety legislation would be advantageous.
Why this role?
The client we are working with is committed to making a difference in both their environment and their business. They are a rapidly growing organisation and encourage both formal and informal professional development. Their organisation is very diverse with people from all around the world and they don't only encourage diversity, they embrace it. With a rewards and benefits package that is structured to ensure that their employees and their families are well looked after, this is a brilliant organisation to make your next career move!
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Thomas at: email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.