Heritage Specialist - Historian
London, UK (Hybrid Working)
Are you a Heritage specialist? We are looking for someone who will carry out historical research, reviews and analysis for the contribution into relocation plans and cultural assessments on international projects.
Our client is passionate about what they do and are extremely fortunate to be able to make a difference in the lives of their colleagues, their clients, the communities they work in and the environment.
In this role you will
- Manage and develop our clients Cultural Heritage Resources Management processes.
- Implement cultural heritage mitigation plans including grave relocations, archaeological and historical site mitigation, and cultural heritage management plans.
- Complete specialist Cultural Heritage studies, including compiling and reviewing Heritage Impact Assessments, Paleontological Impact Assessments and Archaeological Impact Assessments for client and authority reviews.
- Conduct archaeological, archival, historical, cultural and other research, providing findings in report format.
- Support field-based surveys and assessments including in-field recording and documentation of cultural heritage.
- Participate in business development activities including, developing fit-for-purpose proposals.
In this role you will have
- An honours Degree in Built Environment, Humanities or Social Sciences such as Anthropology, Archaeology, Architecture, Development Studies, History or Sociology (Masters would be beneficial).
- A registered Membership of a Relevant Professional Organisations
- Two or more years in the relevant field, preferably within consulting would be beneficial.
- Experience in the mining and resources industry would be beneficial.
- A driver's licence.
- Knowledge of environmental, water, mining and social legislation.
Why this role?
The client we are working with is committed to making a difference in both their environment and their business. They are a rapidly growing organisation and encourage both formal and informal professional development. Their organisation is very diverse with people from all around the world and they do not only encourage diversity, they embrace it. With a rewards and benefits package that is structured to ensure that their employees and their families are well looked after, this is a brilliant organisation to make your next career move!
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Thomas at: email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.