- Provide technical leadership and support for mechanical engineering activities at construction sites.
- Collaborate with Headquarters' engineering regarding mechanical drawings and specifications. Provide feedback on the feasibility of the plans and propose changes in case of unexpected field phenomena.
- Conduct site surveys and assessments to identify mechanical engineering requirements and constraints.
- Review mechanical engineering drawings, equipment specifications, and vendor proposals.
- Supervise subcontractors to ensure their compliance with design and that they are fulfilling their scope of work.
- Conduct regular inspections and audits to assess the performance and condition of mechanical systems.
- Monitor construction activities to ensure compliance with design plans, safety regulations, and quality standards.
- Troubleshoot and resolve mechanical issues and provide technical guidance to subcontractors to resolve operational challenges during the project.
- Prepare required daily site reports and share them with the Construction Team during the scheduled meetings.
- Participate in daily meetings with the construction team, customer subcontractors, and customer consultants.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in PV parks construction environment
- Strong knowledge of mechanical design principles, codes, and standards.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Expert knowledge of related software, including MS Project and AutoCAD
- Strong sense of responsibility and consistency
Nottingham or Middlesbrough
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all.
Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.