We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled, enthusiastic Hydrogeologist to join an established specialist consultancy, due to business growth. You may be looking for your next step up or a new challenge, bringing a practical and in-depth knowledge of groundwater issues. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a highly knowledgeable team of technical experts, with the opportunity to develop their skills further in a supportive environment.
You will be expected to.
- Have experience in quantifying groundwater flow, including using analytical methods
- Produce solid technical report writing, communication and organisational skills
- Have experience in using water modelling packages
- Bring a good understanding and ideally working experience of regulatory bodies such as EA and SEPA
- Have experience of working to tight deadlines and within set budgets
- Occasional travel in the UK and potentially overseas
- Develop strong working relationships with clients, colleagues and regulators
The successful candidate will be experienced in challenging Hydrogeological issues and have experience of conducting quantitative and qualitative assessments to a high standard.
- A post-graduate degree in a Hydrogeology or related subject
- At least 2 years work experience in a consultancy environment
- Experience of using GIS software beneficial
- Professional registration would be beneficial.
- A full driving license.
Why this role?
The client we are working with specialises in water related projects nationally; clients include sectors such as minerals, waste, agriculture, housing developments and environmental clients. They are a friendly, flexible, and innovative employer, keen to develop the skills of their team and support professional development. A rewarding salary and benefits package is on offer.
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Tom at: email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.