Senior / Principal Ecologist £47000-£60000
Are you a Senior Ecologist with a passion for Renewable Energy?
Our client is looking for a Senior/Principal Ecologist to join their already thriving Environmental Consultancy. They are primarily focussed on supporting the Renewable energy sectors and the grid networks. They work with the most successful developers in the UK whilst also supporting statutory bodies like the Crown Estate and Scottish Government.
We are looking for a seasoned Ecologist to become a key member of the Ecology teams and help successfully deliver projects in the Renewable, natural capital and Grid network space. In the role of Senior Principal ecologist you would be expected to Project manage, deliver projects, complete EIA chapters, line manage junior staff, calculate BNG and competently manage clients.
Skills and Experience we're looking for:
- Experience and understanding of the environmental planning system in relation to the production of ecological impact assessments.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of the European Birds and Habitats Directives and methods for assessments with regards to European Designated sites.
- Good ecological field survey experience.
- Comprehensive experience of project management and managing a diverse workload.
- The ability to produce and review high quality reports and deliver them to clients on time and to budget.
- Educated to higher degree level in ecology or related subject, or able to demonstrate an equivalent level of experience.
- Good working relationship with regulators and statutory advisors.
Why this role?
Our Client have taken the next steps in their growth by appointing a senior management team of Technical Directors so it's an exciting time to be joining their respected and talented team within the green energy sector, which has an important role to play in combating the climate emergency and biodiversity crisis
They offer a small, friendly, family-owned environmental consultancy alternative. Their team consists of 36 talented folks. They are small enough to know everyone's names, and to hear everyone's ideas but big enough to work on meaningful projects, with some of the best clients in the renewables, grid and environmental sector. They have a strong presence in the renewables sector, both with onshore and offshore wind - and hold an estimated 20% of the market share of projects.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Billy at email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993
About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.