AutoCAD & Civil 3D Manager
- United Kingdom -- England -- East Midlands -- Nottinghamshire -- Nottingham
About the role
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an AutoCAD and Civil 3D Manager to work in our Transport and Infrastructure Design team. The role location can be flexible ideally in Nottingham Birmingham, Manchseter or Leeds.
The key aspects for the role are:
- There will be no project work (except where specifically linked to the below)
- Standardising CAD practices across our design services, building on the good practice that exists at present
- It will involve sorting and making consistent our approach to modelling and how we comply with BIM Level 2
- Being responsible for our CAD and Civil 3D templates and making updates based on feedback from the wider technical team
- Working with their sister company so their design approach can be suited to creating asset management models
- Assisting with preparing project BIM plans
- Auditing of models etc. on projects in conjunction with the technical staff working on the project, identifying non-conformances to standards in a constructive manner and using this to identify further training needs
- Training of others in our design service
- Advise on software upgrades esp Civil 3D and how they are rolled out
- Working with others in similar roles in other services in BWB to develop consistency
About the team
The T&I design Service provides design services on a broad range of infrastructure projects ranging from large scale highway works to major developments (such as strategic rail freight interchanges) to smaller scale developments. These schemes are undertaken for a variety of clients from developers to national contractors and the public sector.
Over recent years, the team has made good progress in achieving our client's strategic objective of designing and delivering increasingly large and complex infrastructure schemes. This role will make a major contribution to the further development of their ability to deliver such schemes by ensuring we have excellent CAD standards in place.
They are fast growing team with a presence in Nottingham, Birmingham, Leeds, London and Manchester, working on projects across the country. They pride themselves on delivering high quality, value engineered designs that provide real value for money for clients and serve our nation's current and future needs.
They are privileged to have a team of engineers from various backgrounds and experiences who work together to enhance each other's skills. They believe passionately in the importance of training and knowledge sharing, and aim to create well rounded engineers proficient in all aspects of highway and infrastructure design.
The successful candidate will have good working knowledge of CAD and Civil 3D, and be able to undertake earthworks, drainage and highway deign within these software packages (but doesn't need to be an expert in any of these areas)
The successful candidate will understand how to deliver BIM level 2 compliant designs.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, approachable and possess strong communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels internally. Having previous experience of communicating with clients and other stakeholders on a face to face basis on CAD matters is an important part of this role.
The successful candidate will be eligible to participate in internal Management Development and Academy programmes, which are designed to support and fast track such career development.
It is also important that the individual is driven by a genuine desire to see a high quality product being produced - both in their drawings and in their models.
Why choose Our client?
It's quite simple really. They invest in their people and give them fantastic career opportunities, that's why!
- Investors in People Platinum standard
- Listed in The Times top 100 Best Companies to work for
- ACE Training Initiative of the Year 2016
- ACE Best UK Business Performance for a Medium-sized Firm 2016
- ACE Technology Champion Award 2017
- Best Retention Strategy - December 2016 - CITA
These accolades show that they are a dynamic, successful and growing business that helps all their employees achieve their full potential.
What they can offer you
- An excellent career with a competitive salary
- Exciting and varied project experience
- Flexible working arrangements suitable for a post Covid world
- 25 days holiday plus additional holiday purchasing scheme
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- 2.5 paid days for STEM activity
- Rewards scheme offering discounts on shopping, cinema tickets, theme parks & gyms
- Long service rewards including increased holiday entitlement & pension contributions