Principal Social and Resettlement Specialist
London UK (Hybrid Working)
Are you a Social and Resettlement specialist looking for an opportunity to join an international team working on a growing portfolio of ESIA related projects? We have an opportunity for a Principal Level Consultant to join a team based in London who will provide and carry out social and resettlement related project activities globally.
Your main responsibilities would be.
- Manage the administrative and technical aspects of social impact assessment and resettlement projects (either as stand-alone projects or as part of an ESIA).
- Win projects through proposal compilation and building of positive relationships with new and existing clients.
- Compile Social Impact Assessment reports, Resettlement Action Plans and Livelihood Restoration Programmes.
- Manage socio-economic and asset surveys, including analysis and interpretation of survey data.
- Engage with stakeholders at community and government levels.
- Liaise with clients and project partners.
- Effectively manage interfaces between disciplines - e.g. coordinating between social/ resettlement practitioners and database management, GIS, stakeholder engagement, land surveying, economic modelling, community health impact assessment, etc.
You will have skills, knowledge and experience in.
- Compiling professional reports that meet applicable technical requirements, to international standards.
- Building and maintaining relationships both internally and externally.
- The field of social impact assessment, resettlement, and livelihood restoration.
- Special-purpose studies (e.g. Community Development Plans, Influx Management, Artisanal Mining, etc.) would be beneficial.
- French or Swahili would be beneficial (but not essential).
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Why this role?
The client we are working with is committed to making a difference in both their environment and their business. They are a rapidly growing organisation and encourage both formal and informal professional development. Their organisation is very diverse with people from all around the world and they don't only encourage diversity, they embrace it. With a rewards and benefits package that is structured to ensure that their employees and their families are well looked after, this is a brilliant organisation to make your next career move!
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Thomas at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.