An interesting position has arisen for a Senior Consultant within the Climate Transition Risk. You will be providing the highest quality climate-related advisory services to the UK, EU and global markets. In particular, you will focus on supporting clients to respond to climate-related risks that they face, including in the assessment and management of risks and opportunities linked to the transition to a low carbon economy and the emerging physical risks from climate change. The team works across sectors, with a diverse client base that includes leading corporate and financial organisations around the world.
My client holds key expertise in undertaking screening to determine the low carbon and climate impacts for client assets and operations, as well as across value chains, and have extensive capability in undertaking 'deeper dive' assessments. My client is experiencing a rapid uptake in client demand for their advisory services regarding climate-related financial risk and economy transition. Their experience led to them appointment as authors of the TCFD recommendations on scenario analysis. Their work ranges from providing advice on climate-related strategy and policy, to supporting climate change responses from board to asset level implementation
You will have experience in climate-related financial risk, energy transition analysis, or climate-related transition scenario analysis. The need to have an awareness of the scale and likely implications of economic changes relating to the low carbon energy transition is essential. Climate change scenario analysis framework is an industry-leading method for determining impacts across sectors and geographies, which is delivering the team's capability to assess risks for a growing number of clients.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The core focus of the role will be to lead, support and undertake climate-related financial risk and low carbon energy transition projects for a diverse client base. The Senior Consultant will be expected to:
- Play a significant role in delivering projects and developing client relationships
- Engage effectively with senior-level clients across the range of corporate functions in major organisations
- Contribute to the development of our service offerings, models, and client proposals
- Manage projects, delivering on time and budget and meeting all key client outcomes
- Coaching and mentoring junior consultants
Climate-related Financial Risk
- Proven track record in climate-related financial risk analysis such as implementing the Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) for financial and/or corporate clients.
- Solid understanding of specific client needs and the value add for assessing climate financial risk - both macro risk (e.g. financial stress testing) and micro risk
- Experience in building, developing and running financial stress test models
Market & Macroeconomic Research
- Broad understanding of global energy (and energy-intensive) market and macroeconomic outlooks across a wide variety of data sources
- Strong capability to extract and interpolate macroeconomic financial drivers (across a variety of scenarios) for input into clients' financial models
- Excellent analytical skills to support our clients in interpreting financial impacts from market shifts on their businesses, driven by low-carbon energy transition and physical climate change
- Solid understanding of the various approaches and commercial value add of scenario analysis at investor portfolio, corporate and asset-level
- Broad exposure to scenarios: low-carbon transition and physical climate change
- Robust credentials in working in a consulting setting to deliver scenario analysis
The team you will join is well-established, well-respected and provides an excellent working environment. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email email@example.com