Allen & York are working in partnership with a sector leading organisation who shape and advise a broad range of organisations within the international food sector.
We are looking for three key individuals to come into the team. The Sustainability Programme Manager holds a key role managing the delivery of specific programmes within the business' sustainability pillars to maximise the team impact across their sectors. You will act as an ambassador for the team's sustainability agenda both internally and externally.
Key areas of Accountability:
- Responsible for owning and delivering specific programmes within the team's sustainability pillar (for example climate change, food waste reduction, food surplus redistribution and sustainable packaging systems) ensuring annual targets are met within agreed budgets
- Report on progress against KPIs for your areas of responsibility monthly - identifying risks, opportunities and recommending contingencies
- Responsible for the development and delivery of relevant content for your programmes (reports, briefing notes, toolkits, online content, etc) in partnership with colleagues, industry, delivery partners and external consultants
- Develop your own expertise, analyse trends and monitor customer feedback across your areas of responsibility and recommend opportunities for future development and continuous improvement
- Input to the annual business planning process for the sustainability pillar and help inform long term strategic planning
- Support management of industry working groups relevant to your programmes, ensuring they are highly engaged with the team and help deliver impact
- Work with colleagues across the Charity team and other colleagues to develop and maintain a network of external stakeholders to support your programmes
- Represent the business at external meetings as required
- Work with the Marketing team to help develop effective communications plans for your areas of responsibility to raise awareness and drive engagement with our sustainability programmes.
- Experience working in/with the UK food and consumer goods industry within a sustainability role
- Strong project management skills - capable of working under pressure and adopting a flexible approach to meet changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Experience managing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Highly motivated with the ability to drive programmes forward
- A team player with the ability to collaborate with colleagues across the organisation
- Willingness to be flexible and work across a broad range of sustainability issues
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Educated to degree level in Sustainability (desirable)
This role would report directly to the Head of Sustainability, and is a fantastic opportunity to join a sector-shaping organisation. The role would be based in the office in Hertfordshire, with the flexibility to work from home for some portions of the week. The role is available immediately, and applications will be appraised and progressed as soon as they are received.
Contact Tom Herbert at Allen & York for more information - email@example.com